Download Cygwin once and intall it several times
peterpan1616
peterpan1616@gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 18:49:00 GMT 2008
I re do all the procedure that I can summarize:
1) from www.cygwin.com I download setup.exe on the PC_A
2) Using PC_A I download all the distribution fron HEANET.IE in the
temp dir c:/temp_cygwin
3) On the PC_B I erased all related to cygwin (file, directory and
using regedit all releted to registry with cygwin and cygnus
4) I copied setup.exe and temp_cygwin from PC_A to PC_B
5) Using setup.exe I installed cygwin on PC_B.
6) I created the environment variable HOME equal to c:\cygwin\home
7) I created the home directory parallel to bin lib etc
8) I launched the icon on the desktop
I obtained a window where the prompt is bash-3.2$ where I can't run any command.
Christopher Faylor suggest ru run cygcheck how suggest in the report
bug page of cygwin.
To do that I opened a command window on XP I went to the directory
cygwin\bin and I run the cygcheck.exe -s -v -r and the output is
reported attached like cygcheck_out.txt
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 9:43 AM, peterpan1616 <peterpan1616@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think you need to stop repeating that you are having a problem now and
>> start sending cygcheck output as referenced at the above web page. There
>> are other hints for reporting problems there too.
>>
> OK!
>> If you need to, run cygcheck directly from c:/cygwin/bin/cygcheck.exe .
> I can't do that. I moved in the bin directory and all the exe file didn't run.
>
> Today I'll repeat all the process paying attention to all the
> procedure looking for any message, warnings and so on, and I can
> report the log files.
>
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:15 AM, Christopher Faylor
> <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@cygwin.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:59:04PM +0200, peterpan1616 wrote:
>>>When I post the question, I was sure that the problem was my.
>>>I was thinking: Probably I make some mistake. Using the mailing list,
>>>if I am lucky, I can meet a kind vulonteer that explain me my
>>>mistake.
>>>
>>>Now It looks like a bug/problem.
>>>
>>>If this is, I will be happy to help the debugging of this system very
>>>useful for me.
>>>
>>>On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:50 PM, Christopher Faylor
>>><cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@cygwin.com> wrote:
>>>> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:48:16PM +0200, peterpan1616 wrote:
>>>>>Really interesting but useless to solve my problem
>>>>
>>>> So why not help us help you with the problem by reading what's here:
>>>>
>>>>>Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>>>>
>>>> And sending some more details?
>>
>> I think you need to stop repeating that you are having a problem now and
>> start sending cygcheck output as referenced at the above web page. There
>> are other hints for reporting problems there too.
>>
>> If you need to, run cygcheck directly from c:/cygwin/bin/cygcheck.exe .
>>
>> --
>> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
>> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
>> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
>>
>>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: cygcheck_out.txt
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20080729/82356007/attachment.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list