Pycairo on cygwin

Larry Hall (Cygwin) reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com
Wed Jul 30 15:16:00 GMT 2008


Pietro Battiston wrote:
> Pietro Battiston ha scritto:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm quite a newbye on cygwin; however, I have read all the FAQ and
>> browsed the documentation, without any help, so I'm writing here my problem:
>>
>> i need to compile hippocanvas, a gtk canvas for python. I installed gtk,
>> python, pygtk and cairo packages, but I can't find pycairo. When I run
>> the ./configure script, I get the following error:
>>   
> 
> sorry for not pasting, the error is:
> 
>     checking for PYTHON_BINDINGS... configure: error: Package
> requirements <pygtk-2.0 pycairo> were not met.
> 
>     No package 'pycairo' found.
> 
>> Moreover, browsing the archives I found some bug reports unrelated to
>> pycairo but showing that they had pycairo in the list of installed
>> packages; however but I can't find it with setup.exe or with
>> http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi .
>>
>> Has it been removed from the pool?

I can't say.  But the couple of posts I saw made me think that this
may have come from the "Cygwin Ports" site.  I did find a "python-cairo"
package there.  Perhaps that's what you're looking for?

Keep in mind that the "Cygwin Ports" site contains packages that are
_not_ currently part of the distribution.  Use at your own peril. ;-)


-- 
Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746

_____________________________________________________________________

A: Yes.
 > Q: Are you sure?
 >> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
 >>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list