How to run cygwin compiled/linked application on machine without cygwin installed?
Larry Hall (Cygwin)
reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com
Thu Jul 31 21:05:00 GMT 2008
Karen Frank wrote:
> I have c++ application built on machine "A" with cygwin (1.5.25-14)
> installed. I have copied the application and cygwin1.dll to machine "B",
> where cygwin has not been installed. When I attempt to execute the
> application I get alert messages that various cygwin dlls are missing and
> that reinstalling may help to solve the problem. My understanding is that
> only the cygwin1.dll was required. I ran cygcheck on my application
> executable and I did get list of several dlls (eg: cygXm-2.dll) as
> dependencies. I am uncertain how to proceed.
If installing Cygwin is not an option for some reason, then you need all
the DLLs you see listed by 'cygcheck'. Of course this will make you a
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#3PP>. You have been warned and may be
shunned. See if you can sleep well now! ;-)
--
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
_____________________________________________________________________
A: Yes.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list