Extra spaces in text files in cygwin

gmarsha11 gary.marshall@hp.com
Wed Jun 11 19:13:00 GMT 2008

Mark J. Reed-2 wrote:

> So pipe the files through iconv to something your munging tools can
> deal with and then through iconv again to change it back to whatever
> DP is using..

Looks like that's what I'll have to do.  It's a minor inconvenience, but
doable.  It's too bad that the tools won't handle Unicode and that DP
(apparently) can't be configured to use alternate encoding methods.

Incidentally, DP only uses Unicode in Windows.  In Unix, it uses ASCII.  The
problem with "standards" is that there are so darn many of them!  ;-)