Ugrent !! Reg. Executing the EXE generated by Cygwin

Fri Jun 13 21:04:00 GMT 2008

Lee wrote:
>> There can be only one cygwin1.dll on the machine, put where it's supposed to be
>> by using the Cygwin setup.exe.  You can't just put another copy of cygwin1.dll
>> somewhere else on that machine.
>
> Yes, you can.

> Dynamic-Link library search order
>    A system can contain multiple versions of the same dynamic-link
> library (DLL).

...if you know what you're doing.  If you don't, keep only the one that
'setup.exe' installs and keep it where it installed it.  Doing anything
else assumes that you know what you're doing and that you don't have to
query this list when something goes wrong.  That's why we recommend to
folks that inquire to keep one copy only.  Any other configuration is
unsupported by this list due to the complexities it introduces.

Holliston, MA 01746