1.5.25.14: unable to start bash prompt

Mark.J mauistorm@gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 10:24:00 GMT 2008

Hello,

I have problems in starting the bash. The output of "cygcheck -srv",
cygcheck.out, is attached.

Strangely, though cygcheck -c bash is fine, the output cygcheck.out reports
"NOT FOUND: bash" and similar message for several other packages

I have tried to un-install and re-install cygwin but the problem is still
unresolved.

When I ran "bash --login -i" from the dos prompt, it shows
C:\Tool\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -i
bash$
C:\Tool\cygwin\bin\

No error message is reported. I have run "strace bash.exe --login -i" for
reference.

It seems that no other user has had this problem. The most similar problems
below have no solution:

http://www.nabble.com/Cannot-start-bash-prompts%3A-processes-intermittently-don't-die-tp16030738p16030738.html

http://www.nabble.com/Cygwin-Bash-window-disappear-!-td2626308.html#a2629215

What is the solution to this problem?