New mirror checker in operation

Wed Jun 18 19:07:00 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:25:17PM -0400, Robert Pendell wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>Just curious but is there a typical time when the master server
>>>updates?  ~ This way I may be able to synchronize my mirror as closely
>>>as possible to it as soon as possible.  As of right now the server
>>>updates 9AM UTC every day.
>>
>>"master server updates"?  The definitive source for the cygwin release
>>is cygwin.com.  The cygwin release directory there is updated whenever
>>a new package is uploaded.
>>
>>Maybe you need to read the second paragraph again.
>
>I use rsync://sourceware.org/cygwin-ftp as my retrieval location.  It
>was updated relatively quickly and there seemed no issue for this to be
>used.  Is this not correct?

Maybe you're not aware that sourceware.org and cygwin.com (and
gcc.gnu.org and sources.redhat.com and others) are the same machine?

  % host sourceware.org
  sourceware.org has address 209.132.176.174
  sourceware.org mail is handled by 12801 sourceware.org.

  % host cygwin.com
  cygwin.com has address 209.132.176.174
  cygwin.com mail is handled by 10 sourceware.org.

cgf