cygwin 1.7 problems: network, path, file system

Tue Jun 24 14:42:00 GMT 2008

On Jun 24 13:52, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Device Type        : 7
> Characteristics    : 10
> FileFsObjectIdInformation failed, c000000d
> Volume Name        : </home/demsn702>
> Serial Number      : 2651466048
> Max Filenamelength : 255
> Filesystemname     : <HCLNFS>
> Flags              : 2
>   FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : FALSE
>   FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
>   FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : FALSE
>   FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : FALSE
>   FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : FALSE
>   FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
>   FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : FALSE
>   FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : FALSE
>   FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE
>   FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE  : FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS  : FALSE

Thanks.  So it won't be treated like the MS NFS client, that's good news.
Rather, it will be treated like FAT (in 1.5 and 1.7), which is the safest
fallback.

Anyway, that doesn't help with your copy problem.  This can't be solved
without more details (when, how, debug output, the usual routine).

> > > rlogin does not work anymore; it just hangs.
> > >
> Any idea about this?

Yes, that's a bug in the current 1.7.  I'll fix it.

> > > ----------------------
> > > Path problems
> > >

> > > rsh does not work anymore:
> > > 	- complains about missing /usr/bin/rlogin (which has moved to /bin)
> > >

> > > man does not work anymore:
> > > sh: /usr/bin/tbl: No such file or directory
> > > sh: /usr/bin/nroff: No such file or directory
> > > (I wonder why man tries to invoke these using absolute pathnames...)
> >
> > fstab problem, probably.  Works for me.
> I don't see how fstab should be related to these path problems. Maybe your comment
> refers to the above?

No.  In 1.5 you have registry mount points which point from /usr/bin to the
underlying Win32 path.  1.7 uses an fstab file.  SInce you don't have an
fstab file, you don't have the /usr/bin and /usr/lib mount points.  I wrote
in my first reply how to fix this.

Corinna

Red Hat