Cmake 2.6 and the FindwxWidgets.cmake seems to use the wrong locating logic in Cygwin

Brian Keener bkeenerReMoVeAnTiSpAm@thesoftwaresource.com
Thu Jun 26 18:04:00 GMT 2008

I'm not sure if this should be posted here or if I should go upstream
to cmake.org but I was compiling an application that uses cmake/ccmake
and can be compiled on Windows/Linux/MingW/Cygwin and so on.  Not a lot
of folks try it on Cygwin so I have been stumbling over some of the
issues.  Anyways - one of its checks is to look for wxWidgets which I
don't have and don't believe is a package for Cygwin anyways but cmake
kept insisting it was on D:/wxWidgets....Some directory which appears
to a default in the FindwxWidgets.cmake script.

Digging deeper and googling for various info I found this in the
script:

#=====================================================================
#=====================================================================
IF(WIN32)
  SET(WIN32_STYLE_FIND 1)
ENDIF(WIN32)
IF(MINGW)
  SET(WIN32_STYLE_FIND 0)
  SET(UNIX_STYLE_FIND 1)
ENDIF(MINGW)
IF(UNIX)
  SET(UNIX_STYLE_FIND 1)
ENDIF(UNIX)

where apparently the STYLE_FIND variables control whether it searches
(Win32/Registry) or uses the wxWidget config file (Unix).

If I understand what I seem to have seen in config scripts for Cygwin
before - in Cygwin both WIN32 and CYGWIN are set just as above it
appears they are in MINGW.  When I added this code:

IF(CYGWIN)
  SET(WIN32_STYLE_FIND 0)
  SET(UNIX_STYLE_FIND 1)
ENDIF(CYGWIN)

right after the MINGW routine that stopped cmake from finding wxWidget
or defaulting.

Just thought I would pass this on for the cmake maintainer.

bk