More than 16 Serial Ports

Ralph Hempel rhempel@bmts.com
Thu May 1 15:33:00 GMT 2008

I've got a few apps that still use serial ports, and now
that I'm using Bluetooth devices under XP, the serial
port numbers are getting really big - like COM40.

Yes, I've read about how to change the port number, and
for the Toshiba Bluetooth stack on my Dell D610, it's
not an option.

Yes, I've read the FAQ and the 16 port limit.

So now the question is, where do we poke around in the
source to increase the limit of serial ports under
Cygwin?

Or should I use another program like com2tcp to map the
serial ports to TCP ports?

Cheers, Ralph