Makefile command interpreter

Volker Kuhlmann volker@chiptech.co.nz
Thu May 15 03:20:00 GMT 2008

I have a few makefiles which are written to run with the cmd.exe command
interpreter, which won't work with cygwin's make (which uses /bin/sh).

Setting export SHELL=cmd.exe
calls cmd.exe alright, but then sits there forever waiting for input.

Is it at all possible to use cmd.exe with a make which uses cygwin1.dll?

There's a mingw32 GNU make, but with that I can't set PATH from the
Makefile (it shows up in the environment, but added paths behave as if
absent - in a sub-make anyway).

My cygwin is the current stable, with GNU make 3.81. On XP.

Thanks for any tips,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann <volker.kuhlmann@chiptech.co.nz>
Chiptech Ltd, PO Box 41088, Ferrymead 8247, New Zealand