Cygwin Mail and Exchange Server

Ronald Fischer fischerr.external@infineon.com
Mon May 19 12:05:00 GMT 2008

Hello,

at a customer's site, I would like to be able to send email from
bash scripts. The setup of the software is pretty standard: Usually
mail is sent and read using Outlook, and there is an Exchange server
lurking somewhere to do the job. What do I have to do in such an
environment in order to be able to send mail from cygwin?

I thought this is such a common setup that there must be somewhere a
"howto" for this subject, but I searched the Cygwin FAQ, the Cygwin
User Guide, and /usr/doc/cygwin without success. Isn't there a Cygwin
utility which simply uses the settings in Outlook to send the mail?

Ronald