cd not following windows shortcuts

Tim Prince TimothyPrince@sbcglobal.net
Sat May 24 01:07:00 GMT 2008

Lee Dilkie wrote:
> And on top of that (top posting too), even windows cmd console won't let
> you follow .lnk files... They are files, not symlinks. Only explorer
> know how to navigate them.

Just in case one of you experts can help me, I've been trying to remove a
cygwin installation which contains .lnk files which Explorer can't remove.
     They have been there through re-installations of XP, SP1, 2, and 3,
so it seems the current Windows installation doesn't own them.  I had to
remove all other files individually, leaving a skeleton cygwin tree of
.lnk files.