serial ports not visible with 1.7 under Vista

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz.lists@gmail.com
Thu May 29 15:21:00 GMT 2008

Ooops (I got the doubt Dave were joking :-))

Errno reports just "no such file or directory".
Same if you try something like "echo ATH > /dev/ttyS5"

Probably some 1.7 initialization is not done in the same way as in 1.5.25.

It is a sad situation for me:
with 1.5.25 waveinopen crashes (but it works in 1.7)
with 1.7 serial ports are missing (but present in 1.5.25)

Any help very appreciated