RRDtool 1.3 Build Help

Larry Adams larryjadams@comcast.net
Wed Nov 12 04:14:00 GMT 2008

All,

I have attempted to build RRDtool 1.3 in Cygwin on quite a few occasions
without success.  I saw the announce from Yakkov today updating
Fontconfig and so I thought that I would ask the question of the mailing
list.

Here are the build dependencies from Tobi's from rrdtool.org web site.

pkg-config-0.23.tar.gz <- No sure.
zlib-1.2.3.tar.gz <- No problem
libpng-1.2.18.tar.gz <- No problem
freetype-2.3.5.tar.gz <- No problem
libxml2-sources-2.6.31.tar.gz <- No problem
fontconfig-2.4.2.tar.gz <- Just released to 2.6. Thanks Yakkov
pixman-0.10.0.tar.gz <- Not sure
cairo-1.6.4.tar.gz <- Cygwin way out of date
glib-2.15.4.tar.gz <- Not sure
pango-1.21.1.tar.gz <- Cytwin way out of date

The area where I have receive all of the dependency breakdowns are on
the cairo-pango integration. Regardless of how I take these source
packages and compile them, I can never seem to work around this dependency.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Larry Adams
www.cacti.net