openssl coredump problem

Hirokazu Yamamoto ocean-city@m2.ccsnet.ne.jp
Thu Nov 20 10:37:00 GMT 2008

Hello. When using thread and openssl CRYPTO_set_locking_callback,
application can core dump when it terminates. Please try
http://bugs.python.org/file11620/reproduce.zip. (I don't have
cygwin now, so I cannot get output of this)

See how this affect python in http://bugs.python.org/issue3947.
This is result of ./python Lib/test/test_threading.py.

     started worker thread
     trying nonsensical thread id
     waiting for worker thread to get started
     verifying worker hasn't exited
     attempting to raise asynch exception in worker
     waiting for worker to say it caught the exception
     all OK -- joining worker
    6020 [unknown (0x650)] python 1156 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Error
while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Here is copy of message sent to openssl-dev about this issue.