Bash process hangs around forever after ssh disconnect

Michael Hipp Michael@Hipp.com
Mon Nov 24 14:02:00 GMT 2008


Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> Screen is /not/ off-topic because it is the solution to your problem. If 
> you are asking for a solution where you cannot use screen because it is 
> not installed or because you forgot to run it before starting a shell 
> then you should say so.

Ok then, I want a solution where I cannot use screen because it is not 
installed or because I forgot to run it before starting a shell.

There. Now will I get some help?

> Let's assume you could not run or forgot to run screen: a quick Google 
> search for "cygwin bash ssh zombie sessions" leads to the conclusion 
> that you're not the first one who noticed that.

I attempted to Google the problem before I ever posted to this list. Evidently 
didn't have the right words. But even after reading the results of above, I 
still dont know...

Is this a known problem for which there is a fix?
Is this a known problem that no-one can fix?
Is this a known problem that no-one is willing to fix?

> Well, probably you 
> should use screen.

I'm glad I have you to tell me what I should do. I feel so loved.

Michael


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list