python package missing _sqlite3.dll in /usr/lib/python2.5/sqlite3

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Tue Nov 25 00:00:00 GMT 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:52:33AM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
> Tim Hoel wrote:
> >But when I did "import sqlite3", I
> >got the following error:
> >
> >   ImportError:  No module named _sqlite3
>
> I thought this was fixed 2 months ago:
>
> 	http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-08/msg00156.html
>
> Cygwin's Python currently links to SQLite statically, but from that
> thread, this doesn't seem to be a problem.

It was -- see the following thread for the details:

> If it turns out that you really do need a dynamic library to make
> pysqlite happy, that's probably something the Cygwin Python
> maintainer, Jason Tishler, needs to take care of.

Only the static version is currently required.

> My SQLite packages for Cygwin include both static and dynamic
> libraries, it's just that Cygwin's Python doesn't know how to build
> against the dynamic ones yet.

Correct.

> It'd be best if Python and SQLite can remain separate, with Python
> modules building against the standard SQLite package files.  I'd hate
> to see a separate distribution of SQLite included with Python.
> There's not enough maintainer bandwidth to go around even without
> wasting it on duplicate packaging like that.

Why are you concerned about the above?  I never proposed including
SQLite with Python.  Instead, I'm trying to get Python changed to build
the SQLite extension module against the dynamic SQLite library.

Jason