Rsync service problem when shutting down

Allan Schrum allangschrum@yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 02:05:00 GMT 2008

I have the same problem. Has this been addressed? During a reboot, shutdown-startup, suspend, or hibernate (on my laptop), rsync often fails to remove the *.PID file it generates. Is this a Cygwin problem of rsync, or a generic rsync problem? I have two computers on which this happens.

cygcheck -s from my laptop attached. I established rsync as a service using cygrunsrv:

cygrunsrv -I rsyncd -e CYGWIN=nontsec -p /cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin/rsync.exe -a "--config=/cygdrive/c/rsyncd/rsyncd.conf --daemon --no-detach"

Regards,

-Allan