rxvt redraw issues with Virtual Dimension virtual desktop manager

John Hardin jhardin@impsec.org
Thu Oct 2 19:33:00 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> --- John Hardin ha scritto:
>
>> {counts a few instances} *exactly* 19 columns at the left edge of the
>> window are redrawn. The rest of the window is blank.
>
> I am using Virtual Dimension 0.94

Same here. On Windows XP SP2.

> and I have not such problem with rxvt, nor in win mode neither in X11

How are you launching an rxvt window?

I launch mine from a desktop shortcut to this .BAT file:

@echo off
C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin
set DISPLAY=
start /min bash --login -i -c 'cmd /c start rxvt --geometry 132x60+20+20 -e bash'

How many virtual desktops do you have defined?

Could you open an rxvt window on each desktop, put some content in them by
doing something like "tail /etc/group", and switch between the virtual
desktops? It may take a little while before the problem occurs.

Thanks!