Linker Search Directories

John Emmas johne53@tiscali.co.uk
Sat Oct 11 06:34:00 GMT 2008

I hope it's okay to start a new thread about this because the previous
thread had veered off-topic.

I'm trying to build a project (using make) that needs python.  Python's link
library is in /lib/python2.5/config/ but unfortunately, 'make' doesn't seem
to be aware of this and fails with the message:-

> cannot find -lpython2.5
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

How do I add python's folder to my list of linker search directories?  I've
tried google and a couple of other places but couldn't find anything
helpful.  However, I can't imagine that this is a difficult task.

Hope someone can help,

John