Apologies for multiple messages (Please Help!)

Tue Oct 28 14:39:00 GMT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 11:37:42PM -0400, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> Herb Maeder wrote:
>>Apologies to the list for getting the same message sent over and over
>>to the list from my account.  I can't yet explain what is happening,
>>but I can assure you that I only sent the message once (and in no way
>>differently than my other posts to the list).
>
>When I first saw the message, I thought "This is great!" Around the 6th
>copy, I started to think otherwise.  ;-)
>
>>Please correct me if I am wrong, but this type of thing has happened to
>>the list before, right?  I seem to remember it happening to someone
>>else a while back, but I cannot find it in the archives at the moment.
>
>Sure.  Not allot but it has happened before.  I think Chris usually
>puts a block on things like this to stop it, if nothing else is
>possible.

I do but I was on vacation (in Italy!) last week.  Someone eventually
notified the overseers mailing list about this.  Someone there *should*
have been able to block the messsages from arriving.  I don't know if
that is what happened or if things were fixed on the sending end but
sending email to either postmaster or overseers will contact the right
people.

You can also hop on freenode and contact people on the #overseers
channel.

cgf