Cygwin Line Feed/ Carriage Return Help

Thu Oct 30 22:37:00 GMT 2008

sandsturm wrote:
> hi all
> following configurations:
> 1. IBM Host A sends files to Server 001 (windows Server 2003), where Cygwin
> is installed
> 2. IBM Host A sends files to Server 002 (windows Server 2003), where Cygwin
> is installed
>
> on server 001, the incoming files from Host A will be converted to DOS
> format (why is unclear), in this files the Line Feeds (LF) will be converted
> to FL+CR (Carriage Return)
>
> on server 002, the incoming files from Host A won't be converted to DOS
> format, in this files, the LF's are LF's
>
> the problem is, it should be on server 001 also without converting, where is
> this to configure?
>

> - the installation of cygwin allows a DOS or a UNIX Mode (is this the
> difference?)
> - i reinstalled the cygwin on server 001, because I don't now in which mode
> it was installed... the second installation brought not the desired result
> - i searched the registry, but couldn't find a hint on this, it is a maybe a
> .dll? Or something else?
>
> Can anyone help me?

What does the output of "mount" say?  My WAG is that your mounts are
"text" rather than "binary".  Wiping and reinstalling as "UNIX" mode
is the safest way to get you back to binary mounts.  If this isn't
the solution for you for some reason, then please follow the problem
reporting guidelines given here - <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.
You might try comparing any differences you see in the 'cygcheck'
output (as recommended by the problem reporting guidelines) between
your two machines too.

Holliston, MA 01746