2.573.2.3 setup on Vista Ultimate fails: cygintl-8.dll was not found

Wed Sep 10 01:26:00 GMT 2008

Mark Molinari wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I discovered what the problem was.  I was trying to only download
> using setup.exe to a different directory than I was using previously.
> But since I already had Cygwin installed on my windows 2003 server, it
> didn't download anything I had already installed.  I thought by
> selecting "download only" and then selecting "install" (at the top of
> the tree) for all packages, it would download everything to the new
> directory.  But it just skipped over everything I already had
> installed.  So when I tried to install on Vista over the network,
> things were missing.

Thanks for the feedback.  It's strange how similar problems get reported
in batches.  I've just moved the "Did you use 'setup.exe' to create your
archive?" up a notch on my list of questions to ask at the start.

Holliston, MA 01746