Strange problem with running dmake via ssh

Alfred von Campe alfred@von-campe.com
Wed Apr 1 21:03:00 GMT 2009

I have a strange problem when trying to compile a project under
Cygwin with dmake.  If I start a remote desktop connection to our
Windows 2003 server, and start a Cygwin window (i.e., run
Cygwin.bat), I am able to build our project just fine.  This also
works in a native CMD window.  However, if I ssh into the same server
(using the same user account), when I try to run dmake I get the
following error:

   $ dmake flashimage
   dmake .\trioimage.elf LINK_FILE=trioflashimage.ld
BOOTING=BOOT_FROM_FLASH
   dmake:  Error -- \bin\bash: No such file or directory
   dmake.exe:  Error code 255, while making 'flashimage'

The dmake executable was provided by a 3rd party.  What's so
different about running a bash shell under ssh than running a bash
shell in a CMD window that would cause dmake to behave this way?
We'd like to run remote builds automatically, so getting this to work
with ssh is kind of important.

Thanks,
Alfred