[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: asciidoc-8.3.5-1

Fri Apr 3 09:10:00 GMT 2009

On Apr  2 13:19, Eric Blake wrote:
> According to Corinna Vinschen on 4/2/2009 9:53 AM:
> > I then puzzled out that on the machine where vim is fast, the filetype
> > of the strace file was set to "", while on the incredible slow machine,
> > vim had set the filetype to "asciidoc".
>
> Did you, per chance, name your strace with a .txt suffix?  If not, how did
> it match the vim file content detection?  Looking at
> /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/ftdetect/asciidoc_filetype.vim, I see:

Indeed, the strace files I was looking at had the .txt suffix.

> > " COMMENT OUT ONE OF THE TWO FOLLOWING COMMANDS
> > " The first sets asciidoc syntax highlighting on all .txt files, the second
> > " only existing files *.txt that appear to be AsciiDoc files.
> >
> > au BufNewFile,BufRead *.txt,README,TODO,CHANGELOG,NOTES  setfiletype asciidoc
> > "au BufRead *.txt,README,TODO,CHANGELOG,NOTES call s:FTasciidoc()
>
> Does switching the comment help?  I don't use vim, so I'm not really in a
> position to test this (I just bundle the vim bindings with asciidoc
> because they are available upstream, and my only personal use of asciidoc
> is indirectly as the git maintainer).  But if it helps, then I'll roll a
> - -2 with that comment swapped over.

Yes, it helps.  The strace files are not identified as asciidoc's
anymore.  The filetype stays empty.

> > - There seem to be a bug in one or more of the regular expressions in
> >   the asciidoc.vim syntax file.
>
> Well, they are expecting to match asciidoc syntax, which strace does not.
>  But I can forward that concern upstream.

This would be helpful, perhaps.  When using this syntax description, on
our strace files (just because they happen to have a .txt suffix), vim
is really creeping along, taking 100% CPU for up to 10 seconds just to
scroll a single page.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat