Fw: Re: don't know why ./configure command fails

Jaroslav Rynik jrynik@yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 09:57:00 GMT 2009

> > > (Is C# and C the name for the same programming
> > language? In my setup
> > > options I have noticed just a C compiler.)
> >
> >   No; C# is a Microsoft-invented language based
> > loosely on C++ but with big
> > bits of Java mixed in!  That's your problem: you
> need
> > a C# compiler, but there
> > isn't one in the cygwin distribution.  There is,
> > however, a free open source
> > one available from the Mono project:
> >
> > http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page
>
> OK. Thanks. Which location should I install mono, so that
> ./configure works?

without waiting I've already installed the mono-2.4-gtksharp-2.12.8-win32-6 to C:\Program Files (Full installation), but when I ran the ./configure,
Missing C# compiler message appeared.

Cygwin is installed to D:\pokus\cygwin.

Should I reinstall the compiler to another location?