duplicate *.exe commands

Atom Smasher atom@smasher.org
Thu Apr 9 13:51:00 GMT 2009

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

>> what a mess, especially when i use auto-complete in my shell.
>
> I can't reproduce that with bash
>
> thorsten@tkampe[~]$ ca<TAB>
> cabinet.dll    cal            calwin32.dll   cat.exe
> cabview.dll    cal.exe        capisp.dll     catsrv.dll
> cacls.exe      calc.exe       captoinfo.exe  catsrvps.dll
> cadaver.exe    caller         case           catsrvut.dll
> thorsten@tkampe[~]$ ca
>
> So cat is only listed once (as cat.exe) (cal is listed twice because I
> aliased it to "cal -m").
======================

ah, bash... i remember when that was the best shell...

try this - http://www.smasher.org/zsh/zshrc-v0.147.gz
http://www.smasher.org/zsh/

zsh just makes everything better. with that zshrc file (and zsh, of
course) if you type "ca<TAB>" you'll see "cat" but not "cat.exe". i'm away
from my employer's windows machine for the next few days, so i can't show
a full/accurate listing of the tab-completion right now.

like i said... i'm a *nix guy, and there are a few cygwin optimizations in
there that make cygwin/zsh feel much more like home.

--
         ...atom

  http://atom.smasher.org/
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"All organizations are hierarchical. At each level people
 	 serve under those above them. An organization is therefore
 	 a structured institution. If it is not structured, it is a
 	 mob. Mobs do not get things done, they destroy things."
 		-- Theodore Levitt, Management for business Growth