FYI: A GraphicsMagick dll dependency fix

Norman Meyer qqq642@gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 09:09:00 GMT 2009

Greetings all,

The Cygwin GraphicsMagick program has had library dependency issues for
awhile. See http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2006-11/msg00001.html
as an example. Today I installed Cygwin and found another missing
library. Here is how I resolved the problem.

If a GraphicsMagick program does not work, run the following command:
     cygcheck gm
It will report which necessary libraries were found or not.

If needed, install some or all of the following libraries:
   /usr/X11R6/bin/cygdps-1.dll
   /usr/X11R6/bin/cygdpstk-1.dll
   /usr/bin/cygjbig1.dll

Packages:     xorg-x11-bin-dlls-6.8.2.0-1
               libjbig1-1.5-3

Package URLS:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/release/X11/xorg-x11-bin-dlls/

http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/release/jbigkit/libjbig1/

You only need to install the missing libraries, not everything in the
package.

Yours,

Norm