cygwin1.7, g++ 4.3.2 (with -std=c++0x) and undefined references to snprintf()

Brian and Victoria bnv@nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 13 02:20:00 GMT 2009


Brian and Victoria wrote:
> I've exhausted my google-fu and am hoping someone on the list has 
> superior powers...
>
> I'm on the bleeding edge, using cygwin 1.7 and g++ 4.3.2 with 
> -std=c++0x (enables C++0x experimental features, and access to 
> variadic template parameters in my case).
>
> Prior to switching on c++0x, there were no problems.  Afterwards 
> though, the linker (via g++) complains about undefined references to 
> snprintf().  I'm linking with "stdc++", and tried also linking with 
> "c" (C99 library) as well, but no luck.  Anyone else running into this?
>
> I've got a build in progress with -std=gnu++0x instead (GNU dialect of 
> the experimental C++0x features), and will see how that goes.
This has resolved the problem, so something may be amiss with the 
standard dialect or there's something forgiving about the GNU dialect.

-Brian


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list