Problems Installing Cygwin on Win XP Pro

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview@sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 21 10:29:00 GMT 2009

That's fine. It's been a winding, tricky path to get to here. I'll
download it from the site you mentioned.
Well, I tried something like a bromly site and it died during the
download. I then picked the redhat site, and it downloaded 15M.  Both
bromly and redhat release folders looked similar. About the same number
of folders. 30? Alternatives to zlib.

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 08:06:57PM -0700, Wayne Watson wrote:
>
>> I finally carved out some time to install CygWin on my Win XP machine
>> via the RedHat Cygwin official installation facility.  I downloaded
>> rhsetup.exe to start.
>>

> Sorry but you don't get support for Red Hat's version of Cygwin here.
>
> We *do* support the Cygwin distribution that you get by downloading
> from http://cygwin.com/setup.exe.
>
> You should contact one of the places mentioned at the Red Hat site for
> support for Red Hat's version of Cygwin.
>
> cgf
>
> --

           All the neutrons, and protons in the human body occupy
           a cube whose side is 5.52*10**-6 meters (tiny!). That
           adds up to a 150 pound person. It's not a surprise that
           we are mostly space. (Calculation by WTW)