Copying/Pasting in Cygwin

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:24:00 GMT 2009

Xterm supports an OSC sequence for accessing the clipboard/selection.
I don't know whether vim or emacs have support for this though. From
http://invisible-island.net/xterm/ctlseqs/ctlseqs.html:

OSC P s ; P t BEL
P s = 5 2 → Manipulate Selection Data. These controls may be disabled
using the allowWindowOps resource. The parameter P t is parsed as

P c ; P d

The first, P c , may contain any character from the set c p s 0 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 . It is used to construct a list of selection parameters for
clipboard, primary, select, or cut buffers 0 through 8 respectively,
in the order given. If the parameter is empty, xterm uses s 0 , to
specify the configurable primary/clipboard selection and cut buffer 0.
The second parameter, P d , gives the selection data. Normally this is
a string encoded in base64. The data becomes the new selection, which
is then available for pasting by other applications.
If the second parameter is a ? , xterm replies to the host with the
selection data encoded using the same protocol.