Convert Cygwin .a library to Windows .lib

Wed Apr 29 19:43:00 GMT 2009

Olumide wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm aware this question has been asked before (I googled), but found no
> satisfactory answer. I've just compiled a Unix library (to *.a) in
> Cygwin and I would like to convert it into a .lib file that I can link
> with the Visual Studio toolchain.

If you compiled it as a static lib and with "-mno-cygwin" (i.e. you used
the MinGW compiler to avoid pulling in cygwin1.dll), just rename it or use
it directly.  Otherwise, see:

<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.programming.msvs-mingw>

Holliston, MA 01746