[1.7] bash loop and mintty hung issue

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 16:21:00 GMT 2009


2009/8/1 ERIC HO:
> I'm running cygwin 1.7.0(0.212/5/3), bash 3.2.49(23), mintty 0.4.4.  I use C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe - and get a terminal session. I then press shift F12. The window just lock up and the Windows Task Manager shows bash.exe using 50% of cpu. When I close the hung window, bash.exe task is gone and cpu usage back to normal. When I use the cygwin console, this problem does not happen. Not sure whether this problem has been reported yet. Thanks.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this. I just get the usual crud when
pressing Shift+F12: 4;2~

The Cygwin console doesn't send anything for Shift+F12. Mintty, like
xterm, sends ^[[24;2~. Therefore, could you try the same in xterm?
Have you got any keybindings in .inputrc or one of the bash config
files that could play a role here?

Andy

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list