Backgroud program uanble to go back

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov@iki.fi
Sun Aug 2 20:10:00 GMT 2009

On 2009-07-31, Huang Bambo <bambo.huang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cygwin 1.7.52 to 1.7.54
> After I use Ctrl+D to make a working vim background, the process will
> not comeback with fg command.
> I havn't test if other programs are the same.

I can confirm that after a recent update, I get this with every
single application I've tried: most of the time, nothing returns
to the foreground with 'fg'.

In other news the same updates have also broken X, which keeps
crashing so often, that it's impossible to use it. Together with
this fg brokenness, Cygwin is ATM in pretty much completely
unusable state... in addition to its typical dog-slowness
(Cygwin rsync: 1hour for DVD to disk; MS robocopy: 25min...
and I don't even want to think how slow nanoblogger is).

--
Off the dope since 2009;
  http://iki.fi/tuomov/b/archives/2009/07/21/T17_26_09/