rxvt and path problems

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Mon Aug 10 01:05:00 GMT 2009

Paul Tomsic wrote:
> Looks like I fixed this. Seems if i take off the rcfile option and
> replace it w/ a "--login" option, all's good.
>
> Thanks

Also try:

$ cat >> ~/.Xresources <<END
Rxvt*saveLines: 1500
Rxvt*font: "Lucida Console-12"
Rxvt*loginShell: true
Rxvt*background: black
Rxvt*foregrouind: yellow
Rxvt*scrollBar_right: true
END

Add Cygwin's bin to the Windows System Environment Variable PATH and
your above command reduces to: "rxvt".

Then you can get fancy and add:

$ cat >> ~/.Xresources <<END
machine1:background: midnightblue
machine1:foreground: green
machine2:background:navyblue
machine2:foreground: white
END

And then do things like rxvt -name machine1 -e ssh machine1 or -name
machine2 -e ssh machine2 to identify which machines your on by color
coding...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.