Cygwin 1.7 & Windows Batch File & mount temp in windows temp before starting...

Jeremy Bopp jeremy@bopp.net
Fri Aug 14 14:49:00 GMT 2009

Purrer Wolfgang wrote:
> I want to provide  X – Services on a Windows Terminal Server.
>
> Cygwin is on a file share
>
> To get xwin to work, i have to mount /tmp to %temp%
>
> But with 1.7 the mount points aren’t saved in the registry any more
>
> So a „Windows -  batch – file „  like this doesnt work
>
> mount %TEMP% /tmp
> xwin –ac –query 1.2.3.4
>
> How do you i proceed?

Maybe you could modify your batch file to contain something like the
following instead:

PATH=C:\cygwin\bin;%PATH%
C:\cygwin\bin\bash -c "mount \"$(cygpath -w \"$TEMP\")\" /tmp && xwin
–ac –query 1.2.3.4"

This should ensure that your new mount isn't lost before running xwin
since the same Cygwin session is running both mount and xwin.  I tested
this over a remote desktop session running mintty instead of xwin, and
it seems to set things up like you want.

-Jeremy