[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: run-1.1.11-1

Sun Aug 16 14:03:00 GMT 2009

Colin Harrison wrote:

> //test.js
> //JavaScript to display xeyes without a local Command Prompt...
> var wshell = new ActiveXObject('WScript.Shell');
> wshell.Run('"C:\\Program Files\\Xming\\xeyes.exe" -display :2',0);
>
> It's the '0' that does the magic.

Yep, I've even got an implementation in VB that does the same thing, as
well as parsing an XML spec to enable setting the PATH and other
environment variables before launching the target.  It was the prototype
for my "run2" application.

However, a lot of folks are used to using the run.exe tool, and I'd hate
to have to tell them "nope, not gonna fix it; write some javascript
instead". <g>

But it's good to get this solution into the mailing list archives.

--
Chuck