[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: run-1.1.11-1

Sun Aug 16 16:56:00 GMT 2009

Colin Harrison wrote:
> I am getting a stderr/pipe problem with some CUI's ~line 398 in run.c
> (1.1.11 run + your patch)
> bForceUsingPipes = (os_version >= 0x0501);

#$!%#

> I made this = FALSE to fix for 2003 server..not tried on Windows 7.
> I'm still testing (run built with MinGW) so this is maybe a clue or just a
> bodge fix!
> One failing CUI was plink (an ssh client from PuTTY).
>
> I'll try and get back with more detail or a better fix!

I'd appreciate it.

I'm starting to suspect that there is no good mechanism to automatically
DTRT here for [cygwin-1.5/cygwin-1.7/mingw] x
[w95/98/Me/NT/2k/XP/Vista/Svr200x/W7] x [every app known to mankind],
and that a command line option to override the internal heuristics may
be required.  Don't you just love Windows?

FWIW, I've added run to the cygwin-apps repository, here:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anoncvs@cygwin.com:/cvs/cygwin-apps co run

but you'll need to 'autoreconf -fvi' before building it.

--
Chuck