[ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-59

Paul McFerrin pmcferrin@columbus.rr.com
Tue Aug 18 21:46:00 GMT 2009

I'm not making a feature request but rather some future discussion ideas.

We all seem to remember sub-version numbers like:
    1.7.0.-44
There is some benefits in using a consistant numbering scheme.  When I
use the uname command, I don't care what date my dll was created.  I
would like for uname to use the same format as we all talk about.  Would
it be possible to get uname to report the full version with
sub-version?  No more dates...  Without this feature, Im' going thru
convuolutions to extract the full version and sub versions.

I like to be able to quickly view this information in the Windows
banner/title area when running multiple instatnces of the OS.