No etc/passwd (was) Re: (everything!) command not found

DY yarringt@agora-net.com
Wed Aug 19 01:58:00 GMT 2009

I've got Windows Defender on here - it came with the computer and
doesn't show up under the Program Files, so I'm not sure that it's
uninstallable.
I also have AVG on here, which isn't in the list of BLODA programs, but is
an antivirus program.  That was installed after cygwin, and I can remove it
if it is a problem.

I'm fine with reinstalling with a beta version - clearly I'm not having
tons of
success with the current version.  Is there anything I can do about Windows
Defender?  I can always download the cygwin setup program, then reboot
and start up windows in diagnostic startup mode (which only loads the
essential devices), install cygwin, then reboot in normal mode - would that
work?  Is there a better solution?

THANKS SO MUCH!  I've been going nuts for about 2 weeks now.
-Debra