ssh and start vnc

Thu Aug 20 19:59:00 GMT 2009

On 8/20/2009 2:49 PM, ishan wrote:

> i wanted to ssh to my windows machine from my linux box and start a vnc
> server/rdesktop server .................is it possible and how do i go about
> it????

<http://www.walkernews.net/2007/07/21/how-to-setup-ssh-port-forwarding-in-3-minutes/>,
for example.  There are a number of resources out there
that talk about using ssh and VNC to provide a secure pipe from one machine
to another.  If the Windows machine is behind a router/firewall, don't
forget to forward the ports you're using from the firewall to the machine.
Also open the corresponding ports on any locally run firewall on each
machine.

Holliston, MA 01746