fresh install, tcsh problems

Ken R. Dye dye1146@sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 27 22:35:00 GMT 2009

On a recent fresh install of cygwin, I had problems with
getting the tcsh shell to work.  "if: Expression Syntax".

I figured out to invoke it with -V to be verbose on the
system scripts and found a issue with
/etc/profile.d/complete.tcsh having problems with home
directory names that have spaces in them, and since windows
home directories reside in "Documents and Settings" this
should be a problem with *every* install.

A little googling on the problem found this:

so the problem/fix was reported in April 2008.

Is this cygwin's way of saying "you should be using bash"?

--Ken