Cannot get 'Hello World' to compile

Mark J. Reed markjreed@gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:41:00 GMT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:34 AM, ken j wrote:
>BTW I've found that I do NOT need to type './' but
> rather only '/' to get an exe file to run in Cygwin.

That's only true if the executable is in the root directory (c:\cygwin
in Windows, / in Cygwin).

> Also, all of my compiled executables go to c:\cygwin\home\username, not the
> directory I'm in, which is c:\cygwin.

That makes no sense.   g++ -o file will put the executable in that
file in the current directory.  If it's going elsewhere, then you're
telling it to put it elsewhere.

1) Why do you keep reporting Windows paths when talking about Cygwin?
You're running these commands inside a Cygwin bash window, right?

2) what does the command 'pwd' tell you?

--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed@gmail.com>