Problem with bash script running under NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Fri Dec 4 16:37:00 GMT 2009

On 12/04/2009 03:46 AM, Csaba Raduly wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)  wrote:
>> Remember, SYSTEM is not you.
>
> Unless Louis XIV was a Cygwin user, in which case he might have said
>
> Le systéme, c'est moi!

:-)

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Almo<>  wrote:
>>
>> Ok, it's that SYSTEM running through cygwin has no access to the disk.
>>
>> So someone else wrote the script to run in DOS, and we've dropped the idea
>> of scripting scheduled tasks with cygwin. Unless I can figure out how to get
>> SYSTEM access to the disk through it. :)
>
> Perhaps  NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM should be given access rights to the
> appropriate directory (right click, Properties, Security). It's just
> an "account" like any other.
> I'm somewhat puzzled though. On my machine, SYSTEM has full access to
> C:. Is this a network drive ?

Certainly the OP or any individual is within their rights (assuming they are
the
system admin) to add the access needed.  Or a different user with these
permissions
and any others needed could be created and the service could be run under
this new
user instead.  This, of course, isn't a "Cygwin thing" and won't be
automated by Cygwin.
I'm pretty confident that you weren't suggesting it should be automated but
I figured I'd
point this out for the sake of the archives.

Holliston, MA 01746