Help with errors while compiling

Mon Dec 7 20:27:00 GMT 2009

Afflictedd2 wrote:

> I'm trying to build a simple program using pthreads, but I get the following
> errors, why?

> g++ -c   -g -o "Debug/Pthreads.o" -I/Cygwin/usr/include  Pthreads.cpp
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  Don't do that, for a start.  The compiler knows about all the system's
default include directories already, and has them in a carefully-placed search
order.  If you're lucky, it will just ignore that -I option; if you're unlucky
it might be messing things up.

  If that doesn't fix it you'll need to try and show us a small simple
testcase; sounds like whatever it is, we'd just need the first ten lines of
your Pthreads.cpp file (up to the #include that prompts the first errors) in
order to try and reproduce it.

    cheers,
      DaveK