Segmentation Fault in Cross-Compilers

Sat Dec 12 02:53:00 GMT 2009

Matthew Iselin wrote:
>>  I suspect you're running into the "libstdc++ dll can't be rebased" problem.
>>  Try upgrading to the new gcc4 (plus associated runtimes), with any luck that
>> will solve it for you.

> Thanks for the suggestion. I reinstalled the gcc4 and libstdc++
> related packages (they were already installed) and everything seems to
> be working now.

  According to your cygcheck you have version 4.3.4-1; the latest is 4.3.4-3
(it may not be on your first mirror of choice yet but it's certainly started
propagating to a fair number of them).  Reinstalling will solve the problem
temporarily for 4.3.4-1, but it will recur if you run rebaseall, and may occur
randomly at runtime anyway if an MS update changes the bases of any of those
many DLLs you listed in the cygcheck-cc1 output.  Upgrading to the new version
avoids both these potential future problems.

    cheers,
      DaveK