Cygwin 1.7 Beta: openssh-5.3p1-1: bug report

Thu Dec 17 09:34:00 GMT 2009

On Dec 16 16:36, Edward Strauch wrote:
> I'm running Cygwin 1.7 Beta on Windows 7, and have encountered the
> following problem with the openssh-5.3p1.1 package:
>
> There is no ssh-copy-id file or man page.  I can find these files in the
> source package (openssh-5.3p1-1-src), but not in the binary package.

ssh-copy-id is a contributed shell script which is part of the contrib
subdirectory in the source tree but which is not part of the normal
`make install' process.  It will not be installed by default.  If you
want to use it, fetch it from the sources.  I'll create a patch to the
Cygwin-specific postinstall to install the ssh-copy-id script plus man
page and send it upstream.

Corinna

Red Hat