1.5.25: ocamlrun crashes with GetModuleHandleA not located

Misha Aizatulin avatar@hot.ee
Mon Dec 21 02:15:00 GMT 2009

hi all,

  I downloaded ocaml 3.11.1 and tried to compile it. The compilation
stops when trying to execute ocamlrun with the popup saying

"The procedure entry point GetModuleHandeA could not be located in the
dynamic link library cygwin1.dll"

  The interesting bit is the following: ocamlrun is compiled using

gcc -o ocamlrun.exe prims.o libcamlrun.a -lm -lpthread

  Now if I remove "-lm -lpthread", then the compilation succeeds and the
resulting ocamlrun doesn't crash and seems to work fine.

  Before I start debugging further I was hoping someone can see
something obvious about this and give any suggestions - I'd be very
grateful!

I'm using
  cygwin1.dll 1.5.25
  gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)
  ocaml 3.1.11
  Windows Vista

To reproduce:
  download and unpack ocaml 3.1.11
  ./configure
  make world
Result:
  boot/ocamlrun.exe gets created, but when run crashes with the popup above

Best,
  Misha