1.7: mintty 5.5.1 refuses to take hippos seriously ;-(

Lee Rothstein lee@veritech.com
Wed Dec 23 07:25:00 GMT 2009

Chris,

Thanks for the reference. As I mentioned, it wasn't retrievable via
Google. Strange.

As you had stated earlier, the key to solving the problem is to reference:

  --icon=c:\_0\cygicons-hippo-vista-0.dll,10 in the shortcut

Note to everyone, including Andy, the ICO file worked until Mintty v5.5.
And, all
my other ICO files seem to work with Mintty v5.5, including an earlier
one, I
had gerri-rigged.

Thanks Andy, for the feature, it allows me to discrim among Mintty
Windows and
cmd.exe Windows, much more easily.

Both I and my Hippo are very greatful.

Lee